Friday, June 6, 2014

Project Description: Snapchat Begins Age of Newer Media

I will be researching and analyzing Snapchat as an example of the progression of new media towards newer media. I'll talk about how Snapchat tapped into a growing desire for ephemeral communication— how the world with new media created a space of documented history in which most of the general public is included, how a lack of privacy has become an issue for so many within the domains of new media, and how despite this issue people continue to share their information in these domains because they are necessary to our functioning in a society that has fully adapted itself around new media. In order to achieve a greater sense of privacy while still keeping up with life's requirements via new media, newer media had to be created, and Snapchat fulfilled this challenge. I will examine this in depth. I will also examine the role Snapchat and the new era of ephemeral media will play in business and advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment